We are dedicated to protecting your privacy; with Superpowered Ltd you can control what personal information you share with us. We only collect information that you provide us with or that our platform needs to collect in order to provide you with our services. We do not track any background data or additional data on our users.
Information we may collect from you.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or mobile app. This includes information provided at the time of registering on our platform (such as your name and email address) and any additional information you add to your account after the initial sign-up (such as additional email addresses and billing information).
Details of your visits to our platform:
- A record of any Superpowered emails that you create using the app or browser extension. If you later delete a Superpowered email address we will need to keep a record of that address linked to your account for a period of two years to ensure the same address isn’t created again by another user. Also to ensure that you don’t create and dispose of multiple different email addresses for the same service where that isn’t considered a fair and appropriate usage of that service
When you open emails we send you and when you click on links within those emails:
- This enables us to get a better understanding of how you interact with our emails to help you manage your emails better.
- We will use this information to recommend other listings and content that users in our system are interacting with based on shared and similar interactions. This does not involve the sharing of your personal data, or non-public email content, with any other users.
You can choose to opt-out of this via the ‘my details’ section in the app. If you choose to opt-out we will:
- Immediately delete any previous tracking history.
- Remove the option for any further tracking.
- An anonymised record of quarantined or blocked spam emails that are delivered to your account if this will help us provide a better service to you and other users of Superpowered.
If you are using the Superpowered Ltd browser extension and have a Superpowered account we may collect:
- The website domain the user is visiting when creating a new Superpowered email address (this is not the full URL of the website, just the base domain).
- A hash of the full URL of any page you rate so we can keep track of ratings and any other user’s ratings for that same page. You may choose to remove a rating after you have submitted it; in that case the information will be deleted from our records.
- The rating score you give to any page you rate
If you are using the Superpowered Ltd browser extension and do not have a Superpowered account we may collect information including (but not limited to):
- The URL of the page rated, without the querystring
- The user’s rating score
- The user’s IP address
- The user’s browser and device type
- Once at least one email has been received to a given Superpowered email address, then this email address will be stored for 2 years after deletion in case it has been used for any abusive or other malicious purpose, as well an encrypted copy of your actual email address(es) that emails have been forwarded to.
You can choose to delete your Superpowered account at any time. If you delete your account we will delete any data associated to your account including:
- Personal information collected during sign up. Note that as above, when you delete your account then this invokes the same 2 year storage of any Superpowered emails that has received emails, as well as an encrypted string with the email(s) that this emails have been forwarded to for each Superpowered email address.
- When your Superpowered email addresses have passed the 2 year expiry date they will be deleted as well as the encrypted actual email addresses they were forwarded to.
IP addresses and cookies
- We may collect information about your computer including [where available] your IP address, operating system and browser type. This data is used for statistical purposes and does not identify you as an individual
- Help us improve our site(s) and platform
- To recognise when you return to our site(s)
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to deliver a more personalised service to our users
- To estimate our users usage patterns
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the settings on your browser however, in refusing cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our platform.
Information we do not collect from you
The Superpowered Ltd apps (for both Android and iOS devices) do not:
- Collect any location data
- Collect any background data while you are using the app and they do not collect any background data while you are not using the app either
- Profile or collect any other data from you other than the data that is visible and displayed in the app
- In order to connect your Superpowered account to your browser the Superpowered app will need access to your phone’s camera to scan the QR code, but we do not use your camera for any other purpose
What we do with your information
The Superpowered Ltd apps (for both Android and iOS devices) do not:
- To allow us to ensure content from our site(s) is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To allow us to better understand how you interact with the Superpowered Ltd platform to ensure we can provide you with the best possible service and most relevant content.
- To notify you of any changes to our services.
How this information is shared
- Superpowered Ltd began as a result of frustrations with data sharing and exploitation. In light of this Superpowered Ltd does not share user data with any third parties and will never hand over user data from our system to third party organisations.
User ratings are used to create a publicly available overall rating for the benefit of everyone:
- This data will be shared to show a combined rating value based on all the users who have rated that email, website, article or other type of content
- If a user notifies us of spam or malware this information is shared in order to help us better understand the danger and notify other users of potential problems
- Individual users are never identified and individual ratings are never shared with any third parties
Any use of your data for any other purposes than those stated above will be done with your explicit knowledge and with you choosing to opt in and consent to that use. We take a great deal of care in how we store user information. The information and data we collect from you is stored in our secure data centres within the UK. Superpowered Ltd is not a service to enable or facilitate people to evade the law, purposefully break any terms of service anywhere they have signed up, nor to facilitate any hate speech, bullying etc. Any examples of this type of behaviour being carried out using the Superpowered platform will:
- Result in an immediate and permanent ban of the user of our services
- Give us the right to hand over your details to the relevant authorities
We may share your information only in cases when:
- Are required to do so by law
- When we have reason to believe that such sharing is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others
Access to your information
You can update your personal information through the mobile app. You can request at any time a copy of all information we have about you by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. It is your responsibility to make sure that the information you provide is correct and accurate. If you notice any accuracy or mistake please contact us at email@example.com to correct the information.
- You have the right to erase, delete (right to be forgotten) all information we hold about you, subject to the requirements to keep certain data for up to two years as detailed under clause 1 above.
- You have the right to erase, restrict or prevent our processing of your information. Each request will be considered separately and implemented to the best of our ability.
We use the latest electronic, physical, policies and security procedures and measures in order to make sure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information is preserved. While we try to provide a reasonable level of security by implementing multi layered protection no system can achieve absolute security.